Saturday, December 10, 2005

Spamming on Gmail

Over the last few days, I have started to receive alot of weird spam on Gmail. Below are snippets from two similar emails in as many days.
I received encouraging information about you and how trust worthy you are. I am delighted with such a useful information. I am interested in the partnership investment program with your corporation...the above situation prompted my decision to solicit your co-operation to take delivery of this funds into your custody for my proposed investment as you will be adequately conpensated with $2 000,000.00. I will arrage all necessary procedures in ensuring a smooth process for the funds to get to you. I will appreciate you contact me once you receive this mail via e-mail account indication your capability and willingness to enable me to give you more details of my modus operandi of getting this money to you hitchfree.
and
I am married to Late Mohammed Hasan of blessed memory who is an oil explorer in KUWAIT and Angola for twelve years before he died in the year 2002. We were married for twenty years without a child, he died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. Recently, my doctor told me that I have only three months to live due to cancer problem. Having known my condition I decided to donate the fund to either a charity/orphanage home or devoted Allah (God) fearing individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct thereafter. I want this organization or individual to use this money in all sincerity to fund charity homes (motherless homes), orphanages, widows. As soon as I receive your reply on Email: I shall give you further directives on what to do and how to go about actualising this project. I will also issue a letter of authorization to the said bank through my family lawyer authorizing them that the said fund have being willed to you and a copy of such authorization letter will be forwarded to you.
The orginating addresses in both cases are hotmail ones. I quit hotmail because i grew sick of the spamming at that account and now its following me here. :( :(